- Sampling. Creating suitable dense point samples of manifolds embedded in some metric space or simply subsets of such a metric space is essential for point-based modelling of well-characterised manifolds. This is some work on producing such sampling sequences and various applications predominantly related to point-based rendering. The software for this is beg...
- Uniform Surface Point Sampling for Direct Write Applications Finlay N. McPherson, Jonathan A. Quinn, Jonathan Corney, Frank C. Langbein, Ralph R. Martin. Uniform Surface Point Sampling for Direct Write Applications. [More]
- Point Sampling Low-Discrepancy Sampling This is the PhD work of Jonathan Quinn about creating low-discrepancy sampling sequwnces of surfaces utilising space-filling curves. This has been applied to point-based rendering, remeshing and robotic painting (in collaboration with Jonathan Corney and Finlay McPherson). Jonathan's supervisors are Frank Langbein and Ralph Martin. [More]
- J.A. Quinn, F. C. Langbein, Y.-K. Lai, R. R. Martin. Fast Low-discrepancy Sampling of Parametric Surfaces and Meshes. Proc. Maths of Surfaces XIV (CD ROM), Institute of Mathematics and its Applications, 2013. [DOI:10.13140/RG.2.1.2012.0408] [PDF] [Details]
- J.A. Quinn, F. C. Langbein, Y.-K. Lai, R. R. Martin. Generalised Anisotropic Stratified Surface Sampling. IEEE Trans. Visualization and Computer Graphics 19 (7), 1143-1157, 2013. [DOI:10.1109/TVCG.2012.305] [PDF] [Details]
- J.A. Quinn, F. Sun, F. C. Langbein, Y.-K. Lai, W. Wang, R. R. Martin. Improved Initialisation for Centroidal Voronoi Tessellation and Optimal Delaunay Triangulation. Computer Aided Design, 44(11):1062-1071, 2012. [DOI:10.1016/j.cad.2012.05.002] [PDF] [Details]
- J. A. Quinn, F. C. Langbein, R. R. Martin. Low-Discrepancy Sampling of Meshes for Rendering. In: Proc. Symp. Point-Based Graphics, Eurographics Assocication, pp. 19-28, 2007. [DOI:10.2312/SPBG/SPBG07/019-028] [PDF] [Details]
- J. A. Quinn, F. C. Langbein, R. R. Martin, G. Elber. Density-Controlled Sampling of Parametric Surfaces Using Adaptive Space-Filling Curves. In: M.-S. Kim, K. Shimada (eds), Proc. Geometric Modeling and Processing, Springer LNCS, 4077:465-484, 2006. [DOI:10.1007/11802914_33] [PDF] [Details]
Cardiff University, UK
Finlay N. McPherson
School of Engineering & Physical Sciences, Heriot Watt University, UK.
University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK.
K. S. Sullivan
Cardiff University, UK
School of Computer Science and Informatics, Cardiff University, UK.
Ralph R Martin
School of Computer Science and Informatics, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK.
Frank C Langbein
School of Computer Science, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK.
- 2009-2013: RIVIC: One Wales Research Institute for Visual Computing. WAG (HEFCW) via Bangor University. Consortium: R. R. Martin, N. J. Avis, A. D. Marshall, P. L. Rosin, F. C. Langbein at Cardiff University, with Bangor University (lead), Aberystwyth University, Swansea University. £998,011. [Details]
- 2008: Density-controlled low-discrepancy sampling and meshing of 3D geometric models. The Nuffield Foundation, Undergraduate Research Bursary 35473. F. C. Langbein, K. S. Sullivan. £1,400. [Details]