- Sean O'Neil, Edmond Jonckheere, Sophie Schirmer, Frank Langbein. Sensitivity and Robustness of Quantum Spin-1/2 Rings to Parameter Uncertainty. Proc. IEEE 56th Annual Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), accepted, 2017. [Details]
- E. A. Jonckheere, S. G. Schirmer, F.C. Langbein. Structured Singular Value Analysis for Spintronics network Information Transfer Control. IEEE Trans Automatic Control, technical note, accepted 2017. [Details]
- E. Jonckheere, S. G. Schirmer, F.C. Langbein. Jonckheere-Terpstra test for nonclassical error versus log-sensitivity relationship of quantum spin network controllers. Submitted 2016. [Details]
- F. C. Langbein, S. G. Schirmer, E. Jonckheere. Time optimal information transfer in spintronics networks. Proc. IEEE 54th Annual Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), pp. 6454-6459, Osaka, Japan, December 15-18, 2015. [Details]
- S. G. Schirmer, F. C. Langbein. Characterization and Control of Quantum Spin Chains and Rings. In: Proc. 6th Int Symp Communications, Control and Signal Processing (ISCCSP), pp. 615 - 619, May 2014. [Details]
School of Computer Science and Informatics, Cardiff University, UK.
Aberystwyth University, UK
University of Southern California, USA
Hitachi Cambridge Laboratory
Sophie G Schirmer
Department of Physics, College of Science, Swansea University, Wales, UK.
Frank C Langbein
School of Computer Science, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK.
- January 2015 - December 2017: Data-Driven Simulation of Quantum Spin Network Devices. PI: F. C. Langbein with S. G. Schirmer (Swansea University), K. Kalna (Swansea University), A. Martinez (Swansea University), D. Burgarth (Aberystwyth University). £120K. [Details]
- August 2014 - August 2015: Cardiff University Research Leave Fellowship. Teaching replacement costs and £3,000 support. [Details]
- August 2012 - July 2015: QUAINT - Optimal Control Technologies in Quantum Information Processing. Coordinator: University of Southampton (I. Kuprov) with Univerzita Karlova v Praze, Czech Republic, Universität Ulm, Germany, Karlsruher Institut fuer Technologie, Germany, Universität des Saarlandes, Germany, Universität Kassel, Germany, Technisch Universität München, Germany, Aarhus Universitet, Denmark, Universite de Bourgogne, France, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, France, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel, The University of Nottingham, UK, Cardiff University, UK, Swansea University, UK. FP7-ICT-2011-C, ICT-2011.9.1 - Challenging current Thinking, CSA - Coordination & support action, ref 297861. EUR 399,901. [Details]
- 2009-2013: RIVIC: One Wales Research Institute for Visual Computing. WAG (HEFCW) via Bangor University. Consortium: R. R. Martin, N. J. Avis, A. D. Marshall, P. L. Rosin, F. C. Langbein at Cardiff University, with Bangor University (lead), Aberystwyth University, Swansea University. £998,011. [Details]