- Sophie Schirmer, Frank Langbein. The ubiquitous problem of learning system parameters for dissipative two-level quantum systems: Fourier analysis versus Bayesian estimation. Phys Rev A, 91:022125, 2015. [DOI:10.1103/PhysRevA.91.022125] [arXiv:1412.4282] [PDF] [Details]
- S. G. Schirmer, F. C. Langbein. Characterization and Control of Quantum Spin Chains and Rings. In: Proc. 6th Int Symp Communications, Control and Signal Processing (ISCCSP), pp. 615 - 619, May 2014. [DOI:10.1109/ISCCSP.2014.6877950] [arXiv:1403.0226] [PDF] [Details]
- S. G. Schirmer, F. C. Langbein. Quantum System Identification: Hamiltonian Estimation using Spectral and Bayesian Analysis. In: Proc. 4th Int. Symp. Communications, Control and Signal Processing, Limassol, Cyprus, 3-5 March 2010, pp. 1-5, ISCCSP 2010. [DOI:10.1109/ISCCSP.2010.5463437] [arXiv:0911.5429] [PDF] [Details]
Aberystwyth University, UK
School of Physics and Astronomy, Cardiff University, UK.
Ian A Ward
School of Computer Science and Informatics, Cardiff University, UK.
Hitachi Cambridge Laboratory
Sophie G Schirmer
Department of Physics, College of Science, Swansea University, Wales, UK.
Frank C Langbein
School of Computer Science, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK.
- January 2015 - December 2017: Data-Driven Simulation of Quantum Spin Network Devices. PI: F. C. Langbein with S. G. Schirmer (Swansea University), K. Kalna (Swansea University), A. Martinez (Swansea University), D. Burgarth (Aberystwyth University). £120K. [NRN82] [Details]
- August 2014 - August 2015: Cardiff University Research Leave Fellowship. Teaching replacement costs and £3,000 support. [Details]
- August 2012 - July 2015: QUAINT - Optimal Control Technologies in Quantum Information Processing. Coordinator: University of Southampton (I. Kuprov) with Univerzita Karlova v Praze, Czech Republic, Universität Ulm, Germany, Karlsruher Institut fuer Technologie, Germany, Universität des Saarlandes, Germany, Universität Kassel, Germany, Technisch Universität München, Germany, Aarhus Universitet, Denmark, Universite de Bourgogne, France, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, France, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel, The University of Nottingham, UK, Cardiff University, UK, Swansea University, UK. FP7-ICT-2011-C, ICT-2011.9.1 - Challenging current Thinking, CSA - Coordination & support action, ref 297861. EUR 399,901. [Details]
- 2009-2013: RIVIC: One Wales Research Institute for Visual Computing. WAG (HEFCW) via Bangor University. Consortium: R. R. Martin, N. J. Avis, A. D. Marshall, P. L. Rosin, F. C. Langbein at Cardiff University, with Bangor University (lead), Aberystwyth University, Swansea University. £998,011. [Details]